/ Culture and Society
5 Places NOT To Go To For Vacation
Some vacations arenít as good as they are made out to be; maybe itís a case of false advertising or maybe the locals just take advantage of you just because you have ďtouristĒ stamped on your forehead. Or maybe your luggage arrived from the airport a day or two after you did? In any case, itís hard to pinpoint the worst vacation destinations without taking into consideration all the things that can happen. Most disappointing vacations can usually be prevented.
To keep you from making a bad choice twice we are going to give you our list of the top five bad vacations.
1. A lot of popular vacation spots in the United States are suffering from unhealthy smog levels. Ozone smog exposure has a cumulative long term effect on your body especially in the elderly and in children.Believe it or not these popular holiday hot spots have high ozone smog: Cape Cod National Sea Shore, Boston, Maineís Acadia National Park, Philadelphia, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Marylandís Eastern Shore, Washington D.C., Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, Indianapolis, and Lake Michigan,
Pennsylvania (including the Amish farmland and the city of Lancaster).
2. Orlando looks beautiful when you are looking at brochures like the ones for the Nickelodeon Family Suites, but once you have arrived you have to spend hours standing in line just to check in and to top it off, when you do finally get to the desk clerk your room probably wonít be ready. Now, you get to your room and half the stuff in your
room is dirty and the microwave doesnít work and the remote for the TV is missing. So you call down to the desk to report the problems which they assure you will be taken care of. While you are waiting you decide you will go down to the pool to distress but when you get there its so crowded you canít even sit down. Iíve seen better accommodations at a Motel 6.
3. Intercontinental Hotel and Conference Center in
Cleveland, Ohio. Beware: The bed bugs really do bite!
4. New Orleans, Louisiana. Even before the terrible tragedy of Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans has been one of the hottest spots in the country, despite the fact that they have one of the countryís highest crime and murder rates. It will be a long time before it is back in condition to accept visitors, though I think it will be a different city once it is rebuilt.
5. Iraq. Self-explanatory. You can travel to the most wonderful vacation destination in the world and have things go wrong. Get complete details in writing about your vacation arrangements prior to making a payment. These details should include the total cost, including taxes, service fees, surcharges, port charges; including the terms and conditions, restrictions and cancellation penalties.
Article Source: http://www.redsofts.com/articles/
Gregg Hall is a marketing consultant to many online businesses. See who he recommends luggage and travel accessories
More Articles from Culture and Society Category:
Light For Granted
The Evidence for Sasquatch
Finding New Love Online
Returning to School after Retirement
To Be or Not to Be: Is Homosexuality a Choice?
Is your Heart a True Guide?
Polished Stones and a Faint Glimmer
Numerology - Unfolding The Mystery of Numbers
What Ireland Is Known For By Most
Learning The Basics Of Hypnosis
What Does That Ribbon Mean?
Just What Do We Mean by ABUSE Anyway?
Do You Know Your Tinker Bell?
"In Here" not "Out There"
5 Places NOT To Go To For Vacation