The concept of a success team is a great concept devised by Barbara Sher of: WISHCRAFT book fame.
Here's how I think a success team can be a splendid idea in a job search.
1. Gather everyone you know to meet with you to discuss your plans.
2. Make it a fun gathering. It could be a coffee time; a dinner out; a potluck. Ask people to help you decide the time and place.
3. When you invite people, make it clear what you expect of them. The purpose is to support you with ideas and enthusiasm. You should also make it clear that this is a short term project. A project that will end when you get a job.
4. It's wise to invite, at least, a medium sized group. Some will drop out. You need a group of at least 4 people to stay with you. Meeting every two weeks would be a good start.
5. Offer your kindness and support to all members of the group. You never know when someone might need to start another success team!
About the Author
c, 2004 Permission is granted to reprint, not for commercial use Marilyn J. Tellez, M.A. Certified Job & Career Transition Coach Email: email@example.com Web: www.doitnowcareers.info