I am not a web designer or search engine optimizer, nor do I play one on TV. However, I do know that the driving force in bringing qualified traffic to your web site is dynamic high value content. That means compelling, interesting, approachable, and immediately useful information, especially when you also directly sell products or services at your site. Increasing and maintaining traffic also demands both offline and online mechanisms to attract those visitors.
One of the easiest and most versatile forms of the content described above is a ‘how-to’ tips booklet. With the right writing style, not only can you use the booklet in its entirety as a downloadable bonus file on your site, it can also be sliced, diced, and reformatted to get the most mileage possible from the single document.
Imagine a booklet called “110 Ways to Get the Most Out of Your Health Club Membership.” Your site features health and wellness products. Look at some of the ways to use one tips booklet:
- Downloadable bonus - full booklet download for visiting the site, a new title bi-monthly
- Radio/television advertising campaign - “This fitness moment brought to you by (your company’s name) …Visit www.xyz.com for 109 more great tips like this one.”
- Print advertising campaign – a few tips, directing people to your site for more tips.
- Autoresponder service - send a tip a day or week, inviting people to your site for more.
- Trade show coupon – offering free downloadable booklet at your web site
- Product packaging or printed catalog - single tips, directing people to your site.
- Email - a tip within any email from your Customer Service Department or in any electronic invoice, encouraging people to receive more tips when visiting your site.
Doing this with a different booklet every other month easily broadens your campaign to an entire year, keeping the content fresh, interesting, flowing, and attractive to more traffic. Your next booklets could be:
- You Can Do It - Walk A Marathon
- 77 Ways to Prevent and Improve Back Problems
- 117 Tips for Relieving Arthritis & Muscular Pain
- Keep Smiling! 75 Tips for Great Dental Health
- 108 Ideas for Getting Your Family to Eat Better
Picture what happens when you translate the same booklet into a different language to reach a non-English speaking population. You can do the same things mentioned here to bring traffic to your site.
Simplify your life and the life of your customers by giving them useful information that will keep them wanting more from you – more information and more of your products.
Copyright 2005 Paulette Ensign
About The Author
Paulette Ensign is Founder and Chief Visionary of http://www.tipsbooklets.com All the booklet titles mentioned in this article, plus hundreds more on a wide range of topics, are readily available for licensing rather than using your valuable staff’s time and salary.
Article Source: http://www.redsofts.com/articles/