/ Arts and Crafts
Learning How to Crochet
There are several methods on how to crochet a given product. As to which method will be used depends on the type of crochet item being made. Crochet patterns will provide you with the needed instructions and details to proceed in creating your project.
Obviously the type of pattern used must correspond to your crocheting skill level. Otherwise time and material will be wasted. The good thing is that there are patterns that have basic diagrams and simple instructions for those new to crocheting.
Here are some simple basic steps for beginners on learning the steps of crochet:
1. A person must have the right tools and supplies in making a crocheted product. There are tools that can be obtained cheaply in the market like yarns, knitting needles, crochet hooks, and patterned diagrams. You may also need scissors, size G crochet hook if he chooses to make pompom hats, worsted weight yarns with a variety of colors to choose from, and a yarn needle for doing the stitches.
2. You typically begin crocheting by holding the crochet hook with your right hand allowing the forefingers to bend the hook of the loop. Then your next step is to pull the knot through the center of the hook.
3. You can slide the loop of the hooked thread to create a slipknot on the hook. You must simultaneously repeat the same process in order to create the chained stitches needed to have a quality made crochet product. The thickness of the chains will need to be suited for the type of product that is being made.
4. You may perform the next step by bringing back the thread or yarn on the top of the loop making the thread to go around the hook so that it will be double stitched. You then use your forefinger to grab the knot to tighten the chain stitches of the crochet.
5. You then skip the first double stitched chain to proceed on the knot that is not properly hooked on the knot of the loop. Just make sure that the chains do not loosen and the strands are properly aligned with the other threads. It is much better to have a tighter knot on the chains of the crochet to make the product sturdier.
6. You then position the hook center to the next hole of the second double stitch chain. After getting through the hole, you slide the thread passing into the center of the third double stitch chain that will go on the upper part of the loop. Now you’ve created two loops on the double stitch chain. This will make the loops tighter and stronger.
7. You may now return from the first chain bringing back the hook from back to the front and slowly slide the needle to make a knot on the center hole of the first chain. The hook must be carefully pushed through the middle to create a knot from the first loop.
8. Returning from the third loop, you may create another extra chain stitch to make a reversed counter clockwise loop. This is for the purpose of retaining the knot to support the double stitched chains. You may start from the first step anew to create new chains in a new row and create the similar loops alike from the previous rows.
9. You can then create a single crochet stitch on the first loop tightening the next loops of the double stitch chains on the previous rows. You must create an exact replica of the loops if possible to ensure that the following double stitch chains will have similar results with the first made loops. You should not forget to make knot ensuring that all stitches will be intact and will be on their proper places.
To cap the work, you cut the excess thread and allot at least 6 inches on the last chain stitches for making an extension. These are the only basic steps for beginners, there are much complicated designs that a person may work on once he has mastered the basic crocheting steps.
Article Source: http://www.redsofts.com/articles/
More Articles from Arts and Crafts Category:
Impress Your Friends and Family With Your Craftiness
At Last You Can Add Colorful Designs to your Homemade Soaps
Hat Crochet Patterns
Picking up and Learning Crochet Stitches
Understanding Crochet Instructions
Crocheting a Scarf
Crochet and the Fashion World
Learning How to Crochet
How about a Crochet Bikini for the Beach?
Crochet Afghan Patterns Make Great Gifts
Figurine - An Art Form
General Information About Crochet
Your Own Soap Butcher Shop
The Wonderful World of Arts & Crafts
Different Crafts You Can Make with Sewing Machines