5 Top Tips To Successful Interview
Going for an interview tomorrow? Getting nervous about it? You have no idea how you can impress your potential employer? Relax, interviews may not be that scary but a good preparation is needed so that you can get the job you want.
Here are some tips that will help you to overcome this fear:
1. DO NOT ask the interviewer on questions that contains racism, human rights or religion issues. Questions like “How do you treat Women?”, “Are you against the Blacks?” or “Do you provide career advancement for Mothers?” are a BIG NO. Put away those questions. While it is important to understand company policies in this regard, you do not want to look too aggressive. Do some research online, talk to others about the company. If you are offered a job in this company, ask for the company policy manual so that you can understand further.
2. If two candidates have almost identical skills, education levels and background, it will usually boils down to how well the person will fit in the company environment, and how the candidate will related to the existing staff and manager, and how well the company feels the candidate can adapt to the organization and its culture. The trick here is to be yourself, be confident and be prepared.
3. Remember to dress professionally for the position for which you are interviewing. Even if you are interviewing for a jobs that is related to back office customer service or technology environment where employees wear shorts and t-shirts, you should still show up in a suit (or dress or skirt). Dress as though you are applying for a professional business position. This is to show that you are serious about the job and have taken the effort to look at your best.
4. Men should wear a solid color, professional suit with a white long-sleeved shirt and conservative tie, no fancy tie like Cartoon characters imprint. Wear dark socks and dress shoes and stay away from jewelry (Unless you are married). For the ladies, do not wear heavy perfume or make-up. Wear moderate shoes (no 4” high heels) and a solid color, conservative suit or outfit. If you wear a skirt or dress, wear pantyhose. Remember, be professional!
5. Is it time to leave the interview? You should ask for a business card, shake the interviewer’s hand and make eye contact. Remember to thank them for the opportunity. If you are interviewed with another candidate, say goodbye and ‘thank you’ at the ‘hand off’. At the end of the interview, ask if there is anything else they need from you. This is your ‘trump card’ to show that you are THE ONE for the job.
Follow the above tips, and I believe you have won half the battle. So get that job tomorrow!
Article Source: http://www.redsofts.com/articles/
Get the job you want! Learn successful interview and resume writing techniques. Learn them for FREE at: Successful Interviews and Successful Resume Writing
More Articles from Career Category:
Know Your True Self - Relationship Between Values And Goals
Your Working At Home Career
Career – A Self Help Guide
Essential Tips on Getting Organized For A New Job
Great Job as Mystery Shopper
Start Your Home Business Real Estate Investing Company
Fire Your Boss and Work from Home
How To Write A Successful Resume
Making Your Money Online
5 Top Tips To Successful Interview
How To Have A Successful Interview
Work Versus Slavery
The Perils of Positive Thinking
Job Search Blues? You Need To Get Deprogrammed!
Find Your Right Working Home Business Option