5 Quick and Easy Tips To Prevent That Next Hangover
Remember after the last party waking up with the feeling of cotton in your mouth? With it came a swirling headache that turned into jungle drums. On top of it all, your stomach kept playing at acrobatics for hours. It kind of felt like your body was having a carnival, without you, right?
Thatís the effect a hangover can have if you drink too much, mix liquors, or if youíre not used to drinking much at all. Alcohol poisoning is no fun, although events leading up to it may be. Before heading out with your pals to the next swinging party or celebration, keep the following tips in mind so you wonít have to deal with the leftover sick feeling late at night or the next day.
1. Eat before you go. Munch on a few crackers, a sandwich, or even a salad to get something in your stomach before drinking alcoholic beverages. Drinking on an empty stomach is a sure-fire way to get drunk fast and pollute your bodily systems. While at your place of imbibing, remember to nibble on something to eat from time to time to keep your stomach from getting empty. This will help your digestive tract to process the alcohol more effectively.
2. Take it easy. Donít chug your liquor. Sip on it, nice and slow. This will help you enjoy its effects rather than be rushed into inebriation. Take in all the party enjoyments, such as music, companionship, food, and more. Liquor should accent rather than dominate your party experience. Keep an eye on the clock and pace your drinking so you donít lose track of how many you have.
3. Stop in good time. Donít guzzle all night long. Know your limit, and stop when you reach it. Donít let anyone talk you into drinking more than you should. Never be drawn into competition with other drinkers, or you could end up in deep trouble if they drink long and hard.
4. Donít mix liquors. Starting with beer and moving to mixed drinks, and from there, to whiskey, is a bad idea. With varying alcohol levels and uneven textures, your stomach could really get upset. Stay with one or maybe two types at most, the lower strength, the better. You can always try another kind the next time you go out.
5. Stay away from bootleg. You never really know what youíre getting in terms of strength, quality, or potency. If youíre with people you donít know very well and black out, you could face serious problems. Even among friends, though, bootleg can vary from one batch to another, so itís best to stay away from it altogether.
Plan to get at least eight hours of sleep after the celebration. This will give your body time to metabolize the liquor, and you may be able to sleep off most of its effects. Drink a little bit at a time, eat sensibly while youíre at it, and go home in plenty of time to get some rest.
Article Source: http://www.redsofts.com/articles/
For more information on how to prevent that next hangover, Visit The Hangover Directory
More Articles from Nutrition Category:
Coral Calcium Ė The Elixir Of Life?
10 Ways to Stay Healthy
Bilberry Fights Night Blindness And Other Diseases
How To Have An Effective Diet
4 Steps to Preventing Childhood Obesity
Importance Of Soya
Benefits of Ginkgo Biloba
Benefits of Folic Acid
Sports Nutrition: Why Your Diet Matters
Artificial Sweeteners Create Problems
Low Carb Cooking versus Low Fat Cooking
The Different Causes of Vitamin B12 Deficiency
How A Nutritional Approach to Migraine Can Help
Have a Healthy Body and Mind for Stress Management
Amla/ Indian Gooseberry Ė The Complete Health Tonic