/ Alternative Medicine
A Morning Smoothie to Help You Stop Constipation
Chronic constipation can be hard to stop or elimination, since the colon have become weak. In most cases it will have to be retrained on how to have a bowel movement.
For those of you that have mild constipation, here is a morning smoothie that will help activate your colon. This smoothie is packed with nutrients that your body will use to regenerate your colon and body.
I have been making this smoothie for a few years. I make enough to drink right away and to put into my thermos to drink around 10am.
When I make this drink I just start putting things in the blender without measuring. You can do the same and make adjustments as you go.
* one peeled banana
* 4-5 strawberries or other type of berries, or fruits
* one tablespoon of lecithin granules
* one - two teaspoons of flax seed oil
* half and half almond milk and apple juice
In a coffee grinder, grind up around a teaspoon or less of the following:
* brown sesame seeds - are high in lecithin, vitamin C, E, and Calcium. They improve liver function and help in constipation
* sunflower seeds - are high protein, Calcium, and iron. They are one of the best natural foods which feeds the entire body.
* flax seeds - are high in fiber and provide bulk for your stools.
* almonds - use around 6-7 or more. They are high in Calcium, Phosphorus and have some B-vitamins. Only eat a few. They are high in calories.
After grinding the seeds, place them in the blender and blender everything for about 3-4 minutes. If you need a little sweetness, you can add a small amount of honey. I find this drink plenty sweet without any honey.
Sometimes I will add the powder of a few acidophilus capsules.
If I don't add the almonds, I just put all the tiny seed into the blender without grinding them up. The blender will break them up.
This is a powerful smoothie to give you morning power and to activate your colon to get moving.
Article Source: http://www.redsofts.com/articles/
Rudy Silva has a degree in Physics and is a Natural Nutritionist. He is the author of Constipation, Acne, Hemorrhoid, and Fatty Acid e-books. He writes a newsletter called natural-remedies-thatwork.com and his information on other topics can be seen at www.stop-constipation.com or at www.constipation-remedies.for--you.info
More Articles from Alternative Medicine Category:
Dealing With Osteoporosis
Treatment For Bleeding Nose
Why a Colon Cleanse May Help You
Healing Cracked Heels
Treating Tartar And Plaque Problems
Prevention And Home Remedies For Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
Herbal Remedies To Prevent Miscarriages
Home Remedies For Insect Bites
Hypnotherapy: Be Your Own Master and Commander
Ways To Improve Blood Circulation
The Healing Qualities of Clinical Hypnosis
Treatment For Bacterial Vaginitis
Two Essential Oils for Aches and Pains
Proven but Little Known Ways to Cure Arthritis Without Drugs