/ Recreation and Leisure
A Matter Of Winning And Losing: Tips On Playing Blackjack
Today, blackjack seems to be one of the most popular card games. This is because playing blackjack is so easy to learn and play. Unlike poker, blackjack does not have any combinations to remember.
In blackjack, the object of the game is to get the sum of the two cards close to 21. When a person gets cards that are over 21, he or she loses the game.
Normally, a player receives two cards. After the players see their cards, they have to decide whether they would hit or stand. When a person says “stand,” this means the player thinks he or she is closer to 21 already. When a player says “hit,” this means that he or she still needs additional cards just to get close to 21.
Players can draw as many cards as they want until they feel they are close to 21 already. A player who is nearer to 21 wins.
However, there are people who have devised some tips and strategies to get an edge over the other players. There are times that these tips really can help some people win.
Here’s a list of some tips that players may choose to use them so as to win the game.
1. If a player gets 17 or higher, it is always better to stand, and if the player has any number from 13 to 16 and the dealer’s card is 6 or lower, it would be better to stand. But if the dealer has 7 or more, it would be better for a player to hit.
The theory here is that, if the dealer is showing a card of six or lower, the dealer may take a card, assuming that the dealer’s card facing down is a ten. The players, then, assume that the dealer is banking on a bust hand, so the other players have the tendency to maintain a lower card number.
The rule of thumb: players should always assume that the dealer’s down cards is 10.
2. If a player has aces or 8’s, it would be better to split them regardless of the dealer’s showing card.
3. A player should remember not to split 10’s. Chances are, they might end up getting busted.
4. If the dealer is showing 4, 5, or 6, it would be better for a player to stand on hard 12, or hit hard if the dealer is showing 2, 3, 7, or higher.
5. In order to win, players should always remember not to split fours, face cards, and fives.
Indeed, gambling is a game of chance, but with keen observation, winning is possible.
Article Source: http://www.redsofts.com/articles/
Ace is highly seasoned and adept gambler. Visit his Online Gambling Resources Blog here: www.push-button-online-income.com/online-gambling
More Articles from Gambling Category:
The Legend That Is The Poker Table
An Insight Into What Poker Odds Actually Are
Do You Know How to Play Poker
My Cool Little Poker Shirt
Nice Custom Made Poker Chips
The Popularity Of Blackjack
The Fun Of Blackjack
Why You Can Win At Casino Blackjack
Why You Should Learn Basic Blackjack Strategy
Play Blackjack The Way The Professionals Do
When Basic Blackjack Strategy Will Come In Handy
Learn Blackjack In The Morning And Pay For Dinner With Your Winnings
The Longer You Play Blackjack The More Money You Will Make
How To Boost Your Chances Of Winning The Lottery
World Cup 2006 - Reaction To Group Stage Draw